[Cyprinodontiformes] Aquarium Glaser Newsletter December 16th, 2011

www.viviparos.com viviparos viviparos.com
Terça-Feira, 3 de Janeiro de 2012 - 00:50:31 WET

E a última actualização do dia…

Um abraço

Miguel Andrade

  _____

De: Aquarium Glaser GmbH [mailto:info  aquariumglaser.de]
Enviada: Nenhum
Para: Miguel Andrade
Assunto: Aquarium Glaser Newsletter December 16th, 2011

  <http://www.aquarium-glaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/Newsletter/Template/head1_small.jpg>

Planiloricaria cryptodon

  <http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2050%202011/280304-planiloricaria-totale.jpg>

Currently we have wonderful flounder whiptail catfish from Peru in stock. We have two sizes, eg 9-12 and 10-14 cm, repectively. These sizes give only the body length, as in Planiloricaria there is a filament on the upper lobe of the caudal fin that is as long as the body! Maximum length given in literature is 35 cm. Nevertheless, the sexes can be distinguished even in our halfgrown fish. The ventral fins in males are - compared with those of the females - longer and more pointed.

  <http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2050%202011/280304-planiloricaria-paar.jpg>

These whiptail cats normally do not swim, but "walk" with their ventral fins. One should offer them fine sand as gravel in the aquarium, so that the fish are able to bury themselves completely. These fish feed basically on meat. They love moscito larvae, bloodworm, daphnia etc., but accept also dried food (flakes, granules). These fish are somewhat stiff and need large tanks which should leave a lot of free space at the bottom. Against conspecifics of similar size Planiloricaria are usually peaceful, but smaller specimens are often mobbed. Fish of other species are simply ignored. However, one should never keep these catfish together with fin nibbling species. In that case the long fin filaments of Planiloricaria will be damaged for sure.

  <http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2050%202011/280304-planiloricaria-maul.jpg>

For our customers: the fish have code 280303 and 280304 on our stocklist. Please note that we exclusively supply the wholesale trade.

Lexicon: Planiloricaria: Latin, means "flat Loricaria"; Loricaria is another genus of catfish. cryptodon: from ancient Greek, means "with a hidden tooth".

  <http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2050%202011/280304-planiloricaria-portrait.jpg>

Suggestion of a common name: Flounder whiptail catfish

Text & photos: Frank Schäfer

  _____

Barbus conchonius WILD

  <http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2050%202011/364335-barbus-conchonius-wild-mann1.jpg>

You think you know quite well the rosy barb? Please take a look on our photos of the fantastic wild collected ones we currently have in stock and think about it. In fact wild collected rosy barbs - our specimens originate from the vicinty of Calcutta, the type locality of Barbus conchonius - look completely different compared with the aquarium strains. Males of the wild ones become metallic black and get a red caudal peduncle. Each scale is ornated with a bright silver spot - gorgeous!

  <http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2050%202011/364335-barbus-conchonius-wild-mann2.jpg>

Obviously the aquarium strains of the rosy barb do not belong to the species Barbus conchonius at all, but this is a different story.

Regarding keeping the wild collected rosy barb there is no difference compared with the domesticated ones. They are pretty hardy fish and very easy to keep.

  <http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2050%202011/364335-barbus-conchonius-wild-mann3.jpg>

For our customers: the fish have code 364335 on our stocklist. Please note that we exclusively supply the wholesale trade.

Lexicon: Barbus: Latin, means "the bearded one", referring to the barbels. conchonius: after the common name of the fish in Bengal.

Text & photos: Frank Schäfer

  _____

  <http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2044%202011/JB2012.JPG>

The Calendar Yearbook appears annually and reflects the imports and breeder´s activities for aquarium and terrarium animals of the preceding year.
Renowned importers, exporters, and breeders of aquarium and terrarium animals have generously supplied wonderful animals as they did already for the yearbooks 2008-2011.

Freshwater fish, marine fish, reptiles, amphibians and invertebrates – the year 2011 was colourful and you are able to recall it week for week with the Calendar Yearbook 2012.

700 colour photos, 288 pages, dinA5 hardcover

€ 19,90

animalbook Art.Nr.: 13312
ISBN: 978-3-939759-25-6

  _____

...and please do not forget to visit our homepage <http://www.aquariumglaser.com/en/>  to get weekly updates !    <http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/allgemein/ag.jpg>

  _____

  <http://www.aquarium-glaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/Newsletter/Template/foot1_small.jpg>

This newsletter is a free service of Aquarium Glaser GmbH. If you want to unsubscribe this newsletter or if you want to change your email address, please do it on our newsletter-webside. A distribution of this newsletter in total or parts is only allowed with the permission of Aquarium Glaser GmbH. If you have any question, comment or inspiration, please contact us under info  aquariumglaser.de

Aquarium Glaser GmbH
Liebigstraße 1
D-63110 Rodgau, Germany
Telefon: +49 (0)6106 / 690 1 0
Telefax: +49 (0)6106 / 690 1 11
Email: info  aquariumglaser.de

Managing Director: Ursula Glaser-Dreyer

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Offenbach
Registernummer: HRB 2 1967
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer according § 27 a Umsatzsteuergesetz: DE 113530316

All texts, pictures and other works published on the internet page are subject to the copyright of Aquarium Glaser GmbH, Rodgau, if not otherwise indicated. Any duplication, distribution, storage, communication, broadcast and reproduction or transmission of the contents without written approval from Aquarium Glaser GmbH is prohibited.

  _____

Newsletter Modul powered by Aspiria Informationstechnologie <http://www.aspiria.de>