[Cyprinodontiformes] Aquarium Glaser Newsletter September 16th, 2011

www.viviparos.com viviparos viviparos.com
Sexta-Feira, 30 de Setembro de 2011 - 00:36:16 WEST

Camarões fantásticos e mais uma actualização.

Um abraço

Miguel Andrade

  _____

De: Aquarium Glaser GmbH [mailto:info  aquariumglaser.de]
Enviada: Nenhum
Para: Miguel Andrade
Assunto: Aquarium Glaser Newsletter September 16th, 2011

<http://www.aquarium-glaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/Newsletter/Template/head1_
small.jpg>

Parakysis verrucosus

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2037%2020
11/441273-parakysis-verrucosus-mann.jpg>

For the first time ever we received this tiny and charming dwarf fish from Malaysia.
It reaches only 3-4 cm in length. The species is adopted to black water habitats in
nature, where the water is very soft and acidic. However, in our facility they have
proofed so far to be unproblematic and quite gregarious. Research in the field showed
that the stomach of the fish contained remains of bloodworm, insects, scales, and
pieces of fin. Obviously the fish are unspecialized feeders, which corresponds very
well with our observations.

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2037%2020
11/441273-parakysis-verrucosus-frau.jpg>

Parakysis verrucosus represents an interesting new species for nano aquaria.

For our customers: the animal has code 441273 on our stocklist. Please note that we
exclusively supply the wholesale trade.

Lexicon: Parakysis: means "besides Akysis" (referring to the supposed relatiobship):
Akysis is another genus of catfish. verrucosus: Latin, means "warty".

Suggestion of a common name: Chocolate dwarf catfish

Text & photos: Frank Schäfer

  _____

Caridina "Black Tiger Yellow Eyes"

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2037%2020
11/485442-black-tiger-yellow-eyes1.jpg>

The black tiger shrimp is a cultivated variety of the tiger shrimp that originates
from southern China. The tiger shrimp itself is a very variable species and possibly
belongs to the species described as Caridina cantonensis. The bright shining eyes and
the fantail in the same colour are very characteristic for the animal.

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2037%2020
11/485442-black-tiger-yellow-eyes2.jpg>

We have these beautiful dwarfs - maximum length is around 2 cm - for the first time
in stock now. They are very easy to keep, but who is interested in breeding them
should keep them over a period of some weeks (best in winter) at a temperature around
15°C. Like all dwarf shrimps the black tiger should be kept in groups (10 specimens
or more).

For our customers: the shrimps have code 485442 on our stocklist. Please note that we
exclusively supply the wholesale trade.

Lexicon: Caridina: from ancient Greek, means "little crab". cantonensis: means
"deriving from Canton (nowadays Guangdong)".

Text & photos: Frank Schäfer

  _____

Cyphocharax multilineatus

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2037%2020
11/251353-Cyphocharax-multilineatus1.jpg>

This interesting species, which we obtained for the first time now from Venezuela,
belongs to the Curimata-relationship. At the first glimps it reminds one strongly to
the well known headstander (Chilodus punctatus), but it can be easily recognized by
the black stripe through the eye. Moreover, Cyphocharax swims in a "normal"
horizontal way.

Cyphocharax feed on Aufwuchs and look the whole day through on stones, roots, and
plants for algae and the small animals inside them. Against each other C.
multilineatus are very peaceful. Maximum length reported for the species is about 10
cm.

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2037%2020
11/251353-Cyphocharax-multilineatus2.jpg>

For our customers: the fish has code 251353 on our stocklist. Please note that we
exclusively supply the wholesale trade.

Lexicon: Cyphocharax: from ancient Greek, means "Charax with a hump"; Charax is
another genus of tetra. multilineatus: Latin, means "with many stripes". Chilodus:
ancient Greek, means "with teeth on the lips". punctatus: Latin, means "spotted".

Suggestion of a common name: Golden Mascara Tetra

Text & photos: Frank Schäfer

  _____

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/newstitel/News97grau-gb.jpg

Issue 97 of the NEWS can be downloaded for free here: www.aqualog.de
<http://www.aqualog.de/>   Enjoy!

  _____

...and please do not forget to visit our homepage <http://www.aquariumglaser.com/en/>
to get weekly updates !

  _____

<http://www.aquarium-glaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/Newsletter/Template/foot1_
small.jpg>

This newsletter is a free service of Aquarium Glaser GmbH. If you want to unsubscribe
this newsletter or if you want to change your email address, please do it on our
newsletter-webside. A distribution of this newsletter in total or parts is only
allowed with the permission of Aquarium Glaser GmbH. If you have any question,
comment or inspiration, please contact us under info  aquariumglaser.de

Aquarium Glaser GmbH
Liebigstraße 1
D-63110 Rodgau, Germany
Telefon: +49 (0)6106 / 690 1 0
Telefax: +49 (0)6106 / 690 1 11
Email: info  aquariumglaser.de

Managing Director: Ursula Glaser-Dreyer

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Offenbach
Registernummer: HRB 2 1967
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer according § 27 a Umsatzsteuergesetz: DE 113530316

All texts, pictures and other works published on the internet page are subject to the
copyright of Aquarium Glaser GmbH, Rodgau, if not otherwise indicated. Any
duplication, distribution, storage, communication, broadcast and reproduction or
transmission of the contents without written approval from Aquarium Glaser GmbH is
prohibited.

  _____

Newsletter Modul powered by Aspiria Informationstechnologie <http://www.aspiria.de>