[Cyprinodontiformes] Aquarium Glaser Newsletter January 28th, 2011

www.viviparos.com viviparos viviparos.com
Quarta-Feira, 2 de Fevereiro de 2011 - 22:20:21 WET

Caros colegas,

Aqui vai o último número da "newsletter" GLASER.

Há Ciclídeos e um barbo pouco habituais mas ainda não foi desta que mandam o retrato
de mais algum vivíparo.

Um abraço

Miguel Andrade

  _____

De: Aquarium Glaser GmbH [mailto:info  aquariumglaser.de]
Enviada: Nenhum
Para: Miguel Andrade
Assunto: Aquarium Glaser Newsletter January 28th, 2011

<http://www.aquarium-glaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/Newsletter/Template/head1_
small.jpg>

  _____

Apistogramma trifasciata

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2004%2020
11/630002-apistogramma-trifas2.jpg>

In case this dwarf cichlid would not exist it would be necessary to invent it for the
aquarium hobby. Apistogramma trifasciata is an ideal aquarium inhabitant. The species
stays small - males around 5 cm, females around 4 cm. It is completely undemanding
regarding water chemistry - keeping and breeding is possible even in medium hard and
slighlty alcalic water - and energy-saving: as the fish inhabits in nature
subtropical regions it is often faced with water temperatures as low as 10°C, so an
aquarium heater is needed only for breeding. Besides all these advantages it is a
beautiful fish and has an interesting behaviour.

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2004%2020
11/630002-apistogramma-trifasc.jpg>

We have imported this nice animal from Paraguay.

Lexicon: Apistogramma: ancient Greek, means "with unreliable line". It is not known
wether the lateral line organ or the pattern is meant. trifasciata: Latin, means
"with three stripes".

Common name: Three-Striped Dwarf Cichlid

Text & photos: Frank Schäfer

  _____

Pelvicachromis taeniatus "Nigeria Red"

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2004%2020
11/562304-pelcicachromis-taen1.jpg>

Dwarf cichlids from western Africa are bit out of fashion currently. Nobody knows a
real good reason why, as usual in fashion. However, anyone who sees the gorgeous
Pelvicachromis taeniatus "Nigeria Red" we can offer right now as German bred ones,
will become crazy for a new fashion immediately and place a tank with these beauties
in the fishhouse.

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2004%2020
11/562304-pelvicachromis-taei3.jpg>

For our customers: the fish have code 562304 on our stocklist. Please note that we
exclusively supply the wholesale trade.

Lexicon: Pelvicachromis: Latin, means about "Chromis with a specially coloured
pelvis"; Chromis is an old catch-all name for perches. taeniatus: Latin, means
"striped".

Common name: makes no sense, the fish is commonly known by enthusiasts as the
"taeniatus Nigeria red".

Text & photos: Frank Schäfer

  _____

Barbus narayani

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2004%2020
11/370102-barbus-narayani1.jpg>

This extraordinary barb originates from the South of India. It is a very close
relative to the well known Black Ruby Barb (Barbus nigrofasciatus) from the nearby
island of Sri Lanka, from which it differs mainly by coloration. What makes B.
narayani so attractive is the unique lilac-blue hue that is shining on the body when
the fish swims.

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2004%2020
11/370102-barbus-narayani2.jpg>

Regarding keeping and breeding Barbus narayani no essential differences to the Black
Ruby Barb exist. It is also of a comparable size, eg it reaches about 5-6 cm total
length.

For our customers: the animals have code 370102 on our stocklist. Please note that we
exclusively supply the wholesale trade.

Lexicon: Barbus: Latin, means "the bearded one", referring to the barbels. narayani:
dedication name for C. R. Narayan Rao, who donated the collection of fishes from the
Chauvery river to the Zoological Survey of India that contained among others this
species that was then new to science.

Suggestion of a common name: Lilac barb

Text & photos: Frank Schäfer

  _____

New in stock Calendar week 4, 2011

Dear customers and subscribers of our newsletter,

our weekly importatios regularly content species and varieties we never or only very
occassionally had in stock. Thus they are - at least for us - new. Sadly it is for
different reasons not possible to portray all of them in detail. However, we want to
show you at least some of the most interesting of them by a photograph. Enjoy!

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2004%2020
11/tableau-kw-4.jpg>

Your Aquarium Glaser Team

  _____

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/newstitel/CoverNews95engl.j
pg>

Issue 95 of TerralogNews is now available for free as a PDF via www.aqualog.de
<http://www.aqualog.de/> . Enjoy!

  _____

...and please do not forget to visit our homepage <http://www.aquariumglaser.com/en/>
to get weekly updates !

  _____

<http://www.aquarium-glaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/Newsletter/Template/foot1_
small.jpg>

This newsletter is a free service of Aquarium Glaser GmbH. If you want to unsubscribe
this newsletter or if you want to change your email address, please do it on our
newsletter-webside. A distribution of this newsletter in total or parts is only
allowed with the permission of Aquarium Glaser GmbH. If you have any question,
comment or inspiration, please contact us under info  aquariumglaser.de

Aquarium Glaser GmbH
Liebigstraße 1
D-63110 Rodgau, Germany
Telefon: +49 (0)6106 / 690 1 0
Telefax: +49 (0)6106 / 690 1 11
Email: info  aquariumglaser.de

Managing Director: Ursula Glaser-Dreyer

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Offenbach
Registernummer: HRB 2 1967
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer according § 27 a Umsatzsteuergesetz: DE 113530316

All texts, pictures and other works published on the internet page are subject to the
copyright of Aquarium Glaser GmbH, Rodgau, if not otherwise indicated. Any
duplication, distribution, storage, communication, broadcast and reproduction or
transmission of the contents without written approval from Aquarium Glaser GmbH is
prohibited.

  _____

Newsletter Modul powered by Aspiria Informationstechnologie <http://www.aspiria.de>