[Cyprinodontiformes] Aquarium Glaser Newsletter November 11th, 2011

www.viviparos.com viviparos viviparos.com
Segunda-Feira, 12 de Dezembro de 2011 - 22:29:45 WET

E com um Killie e algumas raridades, ficamos conversados por hoje.

Um abraço

Miguel Andrade

  _____

De: Aquarium Glaser GmbH [mailto:info  aquariumglaser.de]
Enviada: Nenhum
Para: Miguel Andrade
Assunto: Aquarium Glaser Newsletter November 11th, 2011

  <http://www.aquarium-glaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/Newsletter/Template/head1_small.jpg>

Mystus bocourti

  <http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2045%202011/437455-mystus-bocourti-mann-portrait.jpg>

Due to its extremely prolonged dorsal fin this fascinating species has also been placed in a genus on its own for a long time, namely Heterobagrus. The catfish becomes around 20-25 cm long. It is a very peaceful species; however, fish of small size will be taken as food, but neither congeneers nor any other tankmate will be attacked by M. bocourti otherwise.

  <http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2045%202011/437455-mystus-bocourti-mann.jpg>

For the first time ever we received with the current shipment two specimens that have anormally developed dorsal fin; in any other respect the two fish are absolutely identical with the other M. bocourti. Maybe this represents a sexual dimorphism and the fish with the normal dorsal fins are females? Nothing is mentioned in literature about that...

  <http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2045%202011/437455-mystus-bocourti-frau.jpg>

Mystus bocourti comes from the river basins of the Mekong and the Chao Phraya in Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia. The fish feed readily on any usually frozen or live fish food and most often the animals don´t even refuse dried fish food.

For our customers: the fish have code 437455 on our stocklist. Please note that we exclusively supply the wholesale trade.

Lexicon: Mystus: not known for sure, but most probably dervied from the ancient Greek word for "beard". bocourti: dedication name for F. Bocourt who collected the type specimens. Heterobagrus: means "different Bagrus"; Bagrus is another genus of catfish.

Suggestion of a common name: Highfin King Cat

Text & photos: Frank Schäfer

  _____

Hisonotus nigricauda

  <http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2045%202011/258433-hisonotus-nigricauda.jpg>

For the first time ever we were able to import this charming dwarf catfish from Paraguay. The species looks quite similar to the well known "Otocinclus Negros" (the correct specific name of that fish is Otothyopsis piribebuy) and can be kept the same way. The most obvious difference between the two species is the  coloration of the caudal fin; besides this, H. nigricauda becomes a bit bigger (4-5 cm). The import season for Paraguay ends now and so it is most probably not only the first, but also (for this season, of course) the last time we can offer that charming nano fish this year.

The species should be kept always in small groups (at least 5 specimens). Besides Aufwuchs the fish feed on food tablets and frozen Cyclops. The species originates from subtropical regions (the natural distribution are the river basins of the Paraná/Paraguay and Uruguay) it can be kept without an additional heater. On the other hand, it thrives also quite well at temperatures up to 28°C.

For our customers: the fish have code 258433 on our stocklist. Please note that we exclusively supply the wholesale trade.

Lexicon: Hisonotus: nigicauda: Latin, means "with a black tail". Otothyropsis: means "similar to Otothyrops"; Otothyrops is another genus of catfish. piribebuy: after the type locality, the rio Piribebuy, an affluent to the rio Paraguay.

Suggestion of a common name: Redtail Otocinclus

Text & photo: Frank Schäfer

  _____

Fundulopanchax cinnamomeus

  <http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2045%202011/636303-fundulopanchax-cinnamomeus-mann.jpg>

We are glad that we are able to offer more and more species of the colourful group of killifish from German breeders. New in stock: Fundulopanchax cinnamomemus. This is a very nice species that reaches about 6 cm in total length. The fish belongs to the large group of Aphyosemion relatives. The species originates from Cameroon. Some of the Aphyosemion (in the largest sense) need rather low water temperatures. Luckily F. cinnamomeus is not demanding in this respect and thrives well at temperatures between 22 and 26°C (best: 23°C). The pH should be in a slightly acidic range. The fish feed on any type of fishfood, but prefer frozen and live food. To avoid shy and dull coloured fish the tank should not be lightened too much and have a dark gravel; it should also well planted and tankmates should never be hectic or aggressive. The longvivety of these killis can be compared with that of other fish of the same size; they are not annual. F. cinnamomeus spawns in the bottom (peat).

  <http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2045%202011/636303-fundulopanchax-cinnamomeus-frau.jpg>

For our customers: the animals have code 636303 on our stocklist. Please note that we exclusively supply the wholesale trade.

Lexicon: Aphyosemion: from ancient Greek, means „small fish with flag-like fins“. cinnamomeus: means "coloured like cinnamon". Fundolopanchax: combined from the generic names Fundulus and Panchax; the name should suggest that the members of the genus show features of both other genera.

Common name: Cinnamon Killi

Text & photos: Frank Schäfer

  _____

Calendar Yearbook 2012

  <http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2044%202011/JB2012.JPG>

The Calendar Yearbook appears annually and reflects the imports and breeder´s activities for aquarium and terrarium animals of the preceding year.
Renowned importers, exporters, and breeders of aquarium and terrarium animals have generously supplied wonderful animals as they did already for the yearbooks 2008-2011.

Freshwater fish, marine fish, reptiles, amphibians and invertebrates – the year 2011 was colourful and you are able to recall it week for week with the Calendar Yearbook 2012.

700 colour photos, 288 pages, dinA5 hardcover

€ 19,90

animalbook Art.Nr.: 13312
ISBN: 978-3-939759-25-6

  _____

  _____

...and please do not forget to visit our homepage <http://www.aquariumglaser.com/en/>  to get weekly updates !   <http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/allgemein/ag.jpg>

  _____

  <http://www.aquarium-glaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/Newsletter/Template/foot1_small.jpg>

This newsletter is a free service of Aquarium Glaser GmbH. If you want to unsubscribe this newsletter or if you want to change your email address, please do it on our newsletter-webside. A distribution of this newsletter in total or parts is only allowed with the permission of Aquarium Glaser GmbH. If you have any question, comment or inspiration, please contact us under info  aquariumglaser.de

Aquarium Glaser GmbH
Liebigstraße 1
D-63110 Rodgau, Germany
Telefon: +49 (0)6106 / 690 1 0
Telefax: +49 (0)6106 / 690 1 11
Email: info  aquariumglaser.de

Managing Director: Ursula Glaser-Dreyer

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Offenbach
Registernummer: HRB 2 1967
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer according § 27 a Umsatzsteuergesetz: DE 113530316

All texts, pictures and other works published on the internet page are subject to the copyright of Aquarium Glaser GmbH, Rodgau, if not otherwise indicated. Any duplication, distribution, storage, communication, broadcast and reproduction or transmission of the contents without written approval from Aquarium Glaser GmbH is prohibited.

  _____

Newsletter Modul powered by Aspiria Informationstechnologie <http://www.aspiria.de>