[Cyprinodontiformes] FW: [Provavel SPAM] Aquarium Glaser Newsletter March 11th, 2010

www.viviparos.com viviparos viviparos.com
Domingo, 14 de Março de 2010 - 23:43:31 WET

Caros colegas,

Aqui ficam as habituais notícias da Glaser.

Muitas vezes não há vivíparos a salientar mas raramente falham óptimas novidades para
os aquariófilos em geral.

Um abraço

Miguel Andrade

  _____

De: Aquarium Glaser GmbH [mailto:info  aquariumglaser.de]
Enviada: Nenhum
Para: cyprinodon  clix.pt
Assunto: [Provavel SPAM] Aquarium Glaser Newsletter March 11th, 2010

<http://www.aquarium-glaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/Newsletter/Template/head1_
small.jpg>

Centromochlus sp. "Ninja"

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%209%20201
0/centromochlus%20ninja1-g.jpg>

A small sensation reached us recently from Brazil. Already when the small (4-6 cm
long) catfish were unpacked their brillant black-and-white-pattern was a real
eyecatcher. The fish definetely belong to the genus Centromochlus, which currently
comprises 11 species in South America. These fish are close relatives of the better
known genus Tatia and belong (like Tatia) to the family Auchenipteridae (driftwood
catfishes). Driftwood cats have an internal insemination. The anal fin of the males
is modified to enable this. Females lay their fertilized eggs in absence of the
males.

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%209%20201
0/centromochlus%20ninja2.jpg>

Our "ninja cats" have proved so far to be hardy, undemanding fish.

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%209%20201
0/centromochlus%20ninja3-g.jpg>

For our customers: the species has code 295852 on our stocklist. Please note that we
exclusively supply the wholesale market.

Lexicon: Centromochlus: from ancient Greek "with lever arm", referring to the
pectoral spines which can be a locked by a special mechanism.

Text & photos: Frank Schäfer

  _____

Mugilogobius rexi

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%209%20201
0/mugilogobius%20rexi%20mann.jpg>

This small, yellow goby is a free swimming species, in contrast to most of the other
gobies. Maximum length is about 4-5 cm. Territorial males become bright yellow and
also develope larger fins with dark bands. Females are much paler in coloration and
have translucent fins.

The species is restrictet to Sulawesi and even on that island it occurs only in two
lakes, namely Towuti and Mahalona. The water in these lakes is very warm (29°C and
more), very clean, slightly alcalic (pH 7.5) and the conductivity is about 225 µS/cm.

The charming fish already spawned in aquaria. The eggs are laid open, attached on
vertical structures in a circle-round batch. However, to the best of our knowledge
there was no complete successful breeding so far.

For our customers: the fish has code 436812 on our stocklist. Please note that we
exclusively supply the wholesale trade.

Lexicon: Mugilogobius: latin, means "mullet-goby". rexi: dedication name.

  _____

Astronotus ocellatus, wild, Colombia

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%209%20201
0/oskar%20gross1-g.jpg>

The Oscar, Astronotus ocellatus, belongs to the most popular species among the large
cichlids. It was imported to Europe in 1929 for the first time. In Asia, many
different sports have been bred since. However, the wild ancestors of the Oscar
remain somewhat mysterious and little understood. Until recently, only one or two
species were recognized within Astronotus. In the hobby, on the other hand, several
populations are distinguished. Still scientists behave rather conservative in that
point. So the Oscar from Colombia is stored in museums and listet in scientific
literature still under the name of Astronotus ocellatus, whereas hobbyists call them
sometimes Astronotus sp. "Orinoco". The Colombians differ from "regular" wild Oscars
by the lack of spots in the back bordered with red.

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%209%20201
0/oskargross2-g.jpg>
<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%209%20201
0/oskargross3-g.jpg>

Despite this contant difference, coloration in these wild Oscars is highly variable,
as in all wild Oscars.

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%209%20201
0/oskarkind-g.jpg>

Juveniles have a very nice, contrasting pattern.

We were able to import now a larger number of specimens of that beautiful fish.

For our customers: the species has code 632505 on our stocklist. Please note that we
exclusively supply the wholesale trade.

Lexicon: Astronotus: ancient Greek, means "with stars on the back", referring to the
coloration. ocellatus: ocellatus: Latin for "with an eyespot".

Text & photos: Frank Schäfer

  _____

...and please do not forget to visit our homepage <http://www.aquariumglaser.com/en/>
to get weekly updates !

  _____

<http://www.aquarium-glaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/Newsletter/Template/foot1_
small.jpg>

This newsletter is a free service of Aquarium Glaser GmbH. If you want to unsubscribe
this newsletter or if you want to change your email address, please do it on our
newsletter-webside. A distribution of this newsletter in total or parts is only
allowed with the permission of Aquarium Glaser GmbH. If you have any question,
comment or inspiration, please contact us under info  aquariumglaser.de

Aquarium Glaser GmbH
Liebigstraße 1
D-63110 Rodgau, Germany
Telefon: +49 (0)6106 / 690 1 0
Telefax: +49 (0)6106 / 690 1 11
Email: info  aquariumglaser.de

Managing Director: Ursula Glaser-Dreyer

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Offenbach
Registernummer: HRB 2 1967
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer according § 27 a Umsatzsteuergesetz: DE 113530316

All texts, pictures and other works published on the internet page are subject to the
copyright of Aquarium Glaser GmbH, Rodgau, if not otherwise indicated. Any
duplication, distribution, storage, communication, broadcast and reproduction or
transmission of the contents without written approval from Aquarium Glaser GmbH is
prohibited.

  _____

Newsletter Modul powered by Aspiria Informationstechnologie <http://www.aspiria.de>

Nenhum vírus encontrado nessa mensagem recebida.
Verificado por AVG - www.avgbrasil.com.br
Versão: 9.0.733 / Banco de dados de vírus: 271.1.1/2747 - Data de Lançamento:
03/14/10 19:33:00