[Cyprinodontiformes] Aquarium Glaser Newsletter June 19th, 2010

www.viviparos.com viviparos viviparos.com
Domingo, 20 de Junho de 2010 - 23:46:52 WEST

Caríssimos colegas,

Hoje é dia de " newsletter " da Glaser, com as habituais raridades mas sem os nossos
favoritos.

De toda a forma fica o aviso de que esta firma tem disponibilizado nas suas listas
alguns interessantes ovovivíparos e uns quantos Goodeiídeos. Infelizmente os preços
nem sempre são convidativos e não é identificada a população de origem.

Um abraço

Miguel Andrade

  _____

De: Aquarium Glaser GmbH [mailto:info  aquariumglaser.de]
Enviada: Nenhum
Para: Miguel Andrade
Assunto: [Provavel SPAM] Aquarium Glaser Newsletter June 19th, 2010

<http://www.aquarium-glaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/Newsletter/Template/head1_
small.jpg>

Hyphessobrycon cf. pando PERU

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%2025%2020
10/hyphessobrycon%20cf%20pando%20peru-ag.jpg>

Recently we received beautiful Rosy tetras under the name of "Hyphessobrycon
robertsi" from Peru. However, the fish is not identical with the well known
"robertsi" (the species has not been described formally by a scientist yet, but it is
unknown whether is has been made available "by chance" in the past 60 years of its
career as an aquarium fish). To be honest, we didn´t recognize this at first. But
when Peter and Martin Hoffmann, two aquarists specialized in tetras, visited us and
led our attention on the fish, we realized what we have.

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%2025%2020
10/hyphessobrycon%20cf%20pando%20peru2-ag.jpg>

Still our specimens are too young to say more, but the new species is distinguished
from most other Rosy tetras by the bright shining stripes alongside the humeral spot.
This unique feature is very reminescent of Hyphessobrycon pando, a species quite
recently described from Bolivia.

For our customers: the fish have code 261442 on our stocklist. Please note that we
exclusively supply the wholesale trade.

Lexicon: Hyphessobrycon: ancient Greek, means "small Brycon". Brycon is another genus
of tetras. pando: after the Bolivian department of Pando, where the species has been
collected.

  _____

Aphyolebias schleseri

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%2025%2020
10/micromoema%20mann%20peru-ag.jpg>

A very unusual killi is Aphyolebias schleseri, which can be recognized by its unique
sword. The species has been described only in 2003 and initially we thought it to be
a new species of Micromoema. However, some members of the German killifish
association (DKG) helped to trace the correct name. Once more: thank you guys! Until
now this species is known only from very few places in the north of Peru. The type
location is about 1 km upstream from Tacshacuraray in the Loreto province. The fish
becomes 4-5 cm long. It is a typically annual species that dives deep into the ground
for spawning. The eggs have to be incubated about 10 months. In the aquarium this
fish migh become as old as 1.5 years, but it hardly ever reaches that age in the
wild.

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%2025%2020
10/micromoema%20frau%20peru-ag.jpg>

Lexicon: Apholebias: from the anterior part of the word Aphyosemion and from Lebias;
Aphyosemion is a genus of killifish from Africa, which is somewhat similar to
Aphyolebias. Lebias is an ancient fish name, which was formerly used for what is now
Aphanius. The word is part of many genus-names of South American killifish.

Text & Photos: Frank Schäfer

  _____

Corydoras diphyes

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%2025%2020
10/corydoras%20diphyes-ag.jpg>

It has been quite a long time since we were able to import this pretty species from
Paraguay, but now we managed it! Please click here for further information:
http://www.aquariumglaser.de/en/corydoras-diphyes-_de_685.html

Text & photo: Frank Schäfer

  _____

Corydoras sp. "Mephisto" CW 7

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%2025%2020
10/cory%20mephisto1-ag.jpg>

Another extremely rarely imported Corydoras species reached us from Peru. The unusual
popular name of the scientifically undescribed species is due to the coloration,
especially the dark triangle in the neck. This reminds one very much to the odd type
of headdress worn by Gustaf Gründgens in his legendary production of Goethe´s Faust,
where he played the Mephisto.

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%2025%2020
10/cory%20mephisto2-ag.jpg>

Among Cory enthusiasts the species has the code CW7. Our fish come from the basin of
the Rio Jurua. It is a very lively species that didn´t want to sit still even in the
photo-tank.

Text & photos: Frank Schäfer

  _____

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%2021%2020
10/news%2090e.jpg>
<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%2021%2020
10/inhlat90e.jpg>

Issue No 90 of AQUALOGnews, English version, is now available as free download via
http://aqualog.de/news/alle_news.htm <http://www.http/aqualog.de/news/alle_news.htm>
. Enjoy!

  _____

...and please do not forget to visit our homepage <http://www.aquariumglaser.com/en/>
to get weekly updates !

  _____

<http://www.aquarium-glaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/Newsletter/Template/foot1_
small.jpg>

This newsletter is a free service of Aquarium Glaser GmbH. If you want to unsubscribe
this newsletter or if you want to change your email address, please do it on our
newsletter-webside. A distribution of this newsletter in total or parts is only
allowed with the permission of Aquarium Glaser GmbH. If you have any question,
comment or inspiration, please contact us under info  aquariumglaser.de

Aquarium Glaser GmbH
Liebigstraße 1
D-63110 Rodgau, Germany
Telefon: +49 (0)6106 / 690 1 0
Telefax: +49 (0)6106 / 690 1 11
Email: info  aquariumglaser.de

Managing Director: Ursula Glaser-Dreyer

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Offenbach
Registernummer: HRB 2 1967
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer according § 27 a Umsatzsteuergesetz: DE 113530316

All texts, pictures and other works published on the internet page are subject to the
copyright of Aquarium Glaser GmbH, Rodgau, if not otherwise indicated. Any
duplication, distribution, storage, communication, broadcast and reproduction or
transmission of the contents without written approval from Aquarium Glaser GmbH is
prohibited.

  _____

Newsletter Modul powered by Aspiria Informationstechnologie <http://www.aspiria.de>

Nenhum vírus encontrado nessa mensagem recebida.
Verificado por AVG - www.avgbrasil.com.br
Versão: 9.0.829 / Banco de dados de vírus: 271.1.1/2945 - Data de Lançamento:
06/18/10 19:35:00