[Cyprinodontiformes] Projecto Internacional de Goodeiídeos (13)

www.viviparos.com viviparos viviparos.com
Sábado, 30 de Maio de 2009 - 22:59:58 WEST

Prezados colegas,

O projecto já tem nome e formato.
Chama-se Goodeid Working Group (GWG) e já está activo.
Mais do que nunca impõe-se avançar rapidamente na actualização desta
mensagens aqui para a lista.
Após a mensagem de Colin Grist à minha mensagem, surgiram nos dias
consecutivos várias reacções das quais se destacam as que hoje aqui se
reproduzem.
Nunca é demais alertar-vos para o facto de que, dentro das disponibilidades
de tempo livre, será sempre possível fazer-se alguma tradução se necessário.

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Poecilia Scandinavia
Enviada: terça-feira, 6 de Janeiro de 2009 18:43
Para: Michael Koeck; Ivan Dibble; Martin Ravn Tversted; Joel Healy; Miguel
Andrade; Colin Grist; Omar Dominguez; Brian Zimmerman; Miguel Zapater; Matt
Naumann; Alain Grioche; Gasper Gomboc; Guenther Schleussner; Gunter
Teichmann; Guenter-Ellenberg; Horváth Balázs; Kleine Horst; Harro
Hieronimus; Anton Weissenbacher; Dietmar Kunath; Erwin Radax; Patrick
Schmitz; Roman Slaboch; Kees de Jong; Stefan Hertwig; Jen Nightingale, Jonny
Rudd, Alessio Arbuiatti
Assunto: Re: Michael Koeck's idea - more developments

Hi all of you

Just to confirm the information from Colin about the roundtable
discusion in Morelia. I was one of the guys from Poecilia Scandinavia
who was present there.

I think it would be very good to establish an international group -
but it is right that there were some opposition from some acedemics at
the meeting/symposoium in Morelia. Fortunately not from all acedemics
-  we also have some supporters.

It´s also right, that we in Poecilia Scandinavia support the idea.
And I think we can start with the people who wants to participate -
whether they are acedemics, from Zoo`s or from the hobby.  If you want
Poecilia Scandinavia to participate, we are ready.

Of course we have to discuss how to do it. The aim of maintaning
species is very good, but the important thing is how we can do it and
get there. Of course it`s important to support Fish Ark and Aqua Lab
in Morelia as we actually do - and the information about Ivans
"second" Fish Ark project in Mexico is very nice too. But at the samer
time we have to  debate how to maintan in captivity - in the hjobby
there are dedicated breeders. Some only with a few species, some with
more. But they/we are only hobbyist -  sometimes peoples looses
interests or are infected by family-problems or other problems in
their lives - and for them it is a hobby. Of this reason There can be
problems sometimes with continuity - and that is a problem when we
speak about conservation. Maybee cooperation between science, ZOOs and
hobbyist can solve part of this problem. I dont know.

Your discussons are very good and I will now read your points more
carefully. This is mostly to tell, that we in Poecilia Scandinavia
support the proposol and the intensions of cooperation about
conservation of Goodeids - and that we want to participate in this work.

OI wish all of you a happy 2009.

Yours

Thue

Thue Grum-Schwensen