[Cyprinodontiformes] Aquarium Glaser Newsletter October 28th, 2011

www.viviparos.com viviparos viviparos.com
Sábado, 29 de Outubro de 2011 - 22:35:40 WEST

Caros colegas,

Aqui vai a mais recente publicação da Glaser. Não há vivíparos mas as raridades
habituais estão presentes.

Um abraço

Miguel Andrade

  _____

De: Aquarium Glaser GmbH [mailto:info  aquariumglaser.de]
Enviada: Nenhum
Para: Miguel Andrade
Assunto: Aquarium Glaser Newsletter October 28th, 2011

<http://www.aquarium-glaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/Newsletter/Template/head1_
small.jpg>

Apistogramma cf. juruensis "Black Chin"

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2043%2020
11/622723-apistogramma-cf-juruense-m.jpg>

We just received this beautiful dwarf cichlid from Peru. The determination of the
several phenotypes of Apistogramma is not easy at all. Currently most persons that
work with Apistogramma tend to the point of view that the fish that looks almost
identical, but has blue lips represents the "real" A. juruensis, while the fish with
the yellow lips and the black spot on the chin is called "cf. juruensis Black Chin".

May that be as it is: the fish are extremely beautiful and easy to keep Apistogramma.
The fish imported now show a very attractive pattern in the ventral fins. Mlaes
become around 7 cm, females around 4 cm long.

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2043%2020
11/622723-apistogramma-cf-juruense-f.jpg>

For our customers: the fish have code 622723 on our stocklist. Please note that we
exclusively supply the wholesale trade.

Lexicon: Apistogramma: ancient Greek, means "with unreliable line". It is not known
wether the lateral line organ or the pattern is meant. juruensis: refers to the type
locality, the Rio Jurua,

Common name: Blackchin Apistogramma

Text & photos: Frank Schäfer

  _____

Acestrorhynchus cf. minimus

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2043%2020
11/202254-acestrorhynchus-cf-minimus.jpg>

The barracuda tetras (Acestrorhynchus) from South Americ are beautiful predators,
which are much sought for among specialized aquarists with large tanks. Several of
the approximately 14 species accepted currently become 20 to 40 cm long, but there do
exist also small species in the genus that become never larger than 10 cm.

We received from Peru one of these dwarfish species. The pattern and the low number
of scales correspond very well with the species described as A. minimus. However,
that species is not listed so far to occur in Peru, so we decided to name the fish
"cf. minimus".

Acestrorhynchus are comparably peaceful predators and should be kept in schools. A.
minimus becomes only 6-8 cm long and so the species fits very well in a 200 litre
tank. On the other hand the tank should not be much smaller, as barracuda tetras are
active hunters and thus need some space. They should be fed with small feeder fish.

For our customers: the animals have code 202254 on our stocklist. Please note that we
exclusively supply the wholesale trade.

Lexicon: Acestrorhynchus: from ancient Greek, means "needle snout". minimus: Latin,
means "the smallest".

Suggestion of a common name: Dwarf barracuda tetra

Text & photo: Frank Schäfer

  _____

Trachelyichthys sp. "Tapajos"

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2043%2020
11/297482-trachelyichthys-sp-tapajos.jpg>

We currently received this cute driftwood catfish from Brazil. Initially we thought
all fish of the import would belong to the same, highly variable coloured species;
but in the meantime we found that in fact two species were involved, namely T. sp.
"Tapajos" and Auchenipterichthys punctatus.

Most probably Trachelyichthys sp. "Tapajos" becomes as big as the similiar species T.
exilis: 6-8 cm. The latter species has already been bred in aquaria. The fish have an
internal fertalization and the female lays the sticky eggs without the presence of a
male.

Trachelyichthys are peaceful, night active catfish that feed readily on any usual
type of fishfood.

For our customers: the fish have code 297482 on our stocklist. Please note that we
exclusively supply the wholesale trade.

Lexicon: Trachelyichthys: ancient Greek, means translated "extreme fish"; however,
the name rather refers to the close relationship to the genera Trachelyopterus and
Trachelyopterichthys. exilis: Latin, means "weak".

Suggestion of a common name: Tapajos bug catfish

Text & Photo: Frank Schäfer

  _____

Issue 97 of the NEWS can be downloaded for free here: www.aqualog.de
<http://www.aqualog.de/>   Enjoy!

  _____

...and please do not forget to visit our homepage <http://www.aquariumglaser.com/en/>
to get weekly updates !
<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/allgemein/ag.jpg>

  _____

<http://www.aquarium-glaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/Newsletter/Template/foot1_
small.jpg>

This newsletter is a free service of Aquarium Glaser GmbH. If you want to unsubscribe
this newsletter or if you want to change your email address, please do it on our
newsletter-webside. A distribution of this newsletter in total or parts is only
allowed with the permission of Aquarium Glaser GmbH. If you have any question,
comment or inspiration, please contact us under info  aquariumglaser.de

Aquarium Glaser GmbH
Liebigstraße 1
D-63110 Rodgau, Germany
Telefon: +49 (0)6106 / 690 1 0
Telefax: +49 (0)6106 / 690 1 11
Email: info  aquariumglaser.de

Managing Director: Ursula Glaser-Dreyer

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Offenbach
Registernummer: HRB 2 1967
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer according § 27 a Umsatzsteuergesetz: DE 113530316

All texts, pictures and other works published on the internet page are subject to the
copyright of Aquarium Glaser GmbH, Rodgau, if not otherwise indicated. Any
duplication, distribution, storage, communication, broadcast and reproduction or
transmission of the contents without written approval from Aquarium Glaser GmbH is
prohibited.

  _____

Newsletter Modul powered by Aspiria Informationstechnologie <http://www.aspiria.de>