[Cyprinodontiformes] Aquarium Glaser Newsletter April 21st, 2011

www.viviparos.com viviparos viviparos.com
Terça-Feira, 24 de Maio de 2011 - 21:25:00 WEST

Amanhã há mais.

Já começamos a ver a luz ao fundo do túnel :D

Um abraço

Miguel Andrade

  _____

De: Aquarium Glaser GmbH [mailto:info  aquariumglaser.de]
Enviada: Nenhum
Para: Miguel Andrade
Assunto: Aquarium Glaser Newsletter April 21st, 2011

<http://www.aquarium-glaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/Newsletter/Template/head1_
small.jpg>

Colisa chuna "Fire" - A new sport of the honey gourami

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2016%2020
11/colisa-chuna-fire-mann.jpg>

Currently we received this extremely cute new sport of the honey gourami from
Singapore. The honey gourami is the smallest known species of Colisa and becomes only
3-5 cm long. The new variety has the yellow-golden body of the well known
"Gold"-variety of Colisa chuna, but the tail, the caudal fin and the soft parts of
dorsal and anal fin are deep red.

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2016%2020
11/colisa-chuna-fire-frau.jpg>

For our customers: the animals have code 411161 on our stocklist. Please note that we
exclusively supply the wholesale trade.

Lexicon: Colisa - from a Bengali term for these fishes. chuna: after a local name for
the species in Bengal.

Suggestion of a common name: Fire honey gourami

Text & photos: Frank Schäfer

  _____

L234a - a new Megalancistrus

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2016%2020
11/megalancistrus-L234a.jpg>

The genus Megalancistrus comprises currently only two accepted species, namely M.
barrae from the Rio Sao Francisco and M. parananus, which is distributed in the
triangle between Argentina, Brazil, and Paraguay. Two L-numbers have been given to M.
parananus: L113 and L234. The species belongs to the largest species of Loricariids
at all and can attain a length of approximately 80 cm.

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2016%2020
11/megalancistrus-L234a-portra.jpg>

This week we received a new variety of the species from Brazil, which is
distinguished from all known populations by the silver to golden seam on the edge of
the caudal fin.

For our customers: the fish have code 26480-L 234A-5 on our stocklist. Please note
that we exclusively supply the wholesale trade.

Lexicon: Megalancistrus: ancient Greek, means "very big Ancistrus"; Ancistrus is
another genus of catfish. barrae: after the type locality, Barra at the Rio Sao
Francisco. parananus: after the type locality, the Rio Parana.

Suggestion of a common name: Goldseam dragon pleco

Text & photos: Frank Schäfer

  _____

Herotilapia multispinosa

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2016%2020
11/herotilapia-multispinosa-ma.jpg>

This medium sized cichlid - males can become about 12 cm long, females always stay
3-5 cm smaller - originates from Central America (Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Honduras).
The fish is a real classic among the species of ornamental fish. It was most popular
in the 1970ies. At that time the name "rainbow cichlid" was given to the species. It
shows clearly that the fish may show a very nice coloration. However, many many years
the breeders did not look properly after that fish. Breeding is very easy, H.
multispinosa is a typical open brooder and produces masses of offspring. But without
selection and proper feeding any fish species becomes dull coloured and ugly after
some generations.

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2016%2020
11/herotilapia-multispinosa-fr.jpg>

Now we were able to obtain some very nice specimens from a German breeder that show
what it means to be a rainbow cichlid! They have a wonderful coloration and
especially the bright orange makes them extremely beautiful.

For our customers: the fish have code 683003 on our stocklist. Please note that we
exclusively supply the wholesale trade.

Lexicon: Herotilapia: combined from the generic names Heros and Tilapia, two other
genera of cichlid. multispinosa: Latin, means "with many spines".

Common name: Rainbow cichlid

Text & photos: Frank Schäfer

  _____

We wish a merry Easter Time for all our readers!

  _____

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/newstitel/cover96engl.jpg>

Issue 96 of AqualogNews is now available for free as a PDF via www.aqualog.de
<http://www.aqualog.de/> . Enjoy!

  _____

...and please do not forget to visit our homepage <http://www.aquariumglaser.com/en/>
to get weekly updates !

  _____

<http://www.aquarium-glaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/Newsletter/Template/foot1_
small.jpg>

This newsletter is a free service of Aquarium Glaser GmbH. If you want to unsubscribe
this newsletter or if you want to change your email address, please do it on our
newsletter-webside. A distribution of this newsletter in total or parts is only
allowed with the permission of Aquarium Glaser GmbH. If you have any question,
comment or inspiration, please contact us under info  aquariumglaser.de

Aquarium Glaser GmbH
Liebigstraße 1
D-63110 Rodgau, Germany
Telefon: +49 (0)6106 / 690 1 0
Telefax: +49 (0)6106 / 690 1 11
Email: info  aquariumglaser.de

Managing Director: Ursula Glaser-Dreyer

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Offenbach
Registernummer: HRB 2 1967
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer according § 27 a Umsatzsteuergesetz: DE 113530316

All texts, pictures and other works published on the internet page are subject to the
copyright of Aquarium Glaser GmbH, Rodgau, if not otherwise indicated. Any
duplication, distribution, storage, communication, broadcast and reproduction or
transmission of the contents without written approval from Aquarium Glaser GmbH is
prohibited.

  _____

Newsletter Modul powered by Aspiria Informationstechnologie <http://www.aspiria.de>