[Cyprinodontiformes] Aquarium Glaser Newsletter February 18th, 2011

www.viviparos.com viviparos viviparos.com
Domingo, 27 de Fevereiro de 2011 - 22:49:36 WET

Caros colegas,

Afinal há pouco enganei-vos em querer.

Esta é a últia edição da " newsletter ".

Quanto à revista, ainda há uma mensagem mais recente, desta sexta-feira, a qual segue
amanhã ou depois.

Um abraço

Miguel Andrade

  _____

De: Aquarium Glaser GmbH [mailto:info  aquariumglaser.de]
Enviada: Nenhum
Para: Miguel Andrade
Assunto: Aquarium Glaser Newsletter February 18th, 2011

<http://www.aquarium-glaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/Newsletter/Template/head1_
small.jpg>

Corydoras atropersonatus, C. sychri and C. sp. C97

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2007%2020
11/222503-corydoras-atropersonatus-fr.jpg>

Three beautiful species of Corydoras occur in Peru that have an almost identical
color pattern. Basic colour is a pretty ebony-white on which an individually
differing number of black spots are spread (even within one population one can find
almost uniform white and densely spotted specimens). All three species also have a
distinctively black eye mask and hyaline finneage. At least from the Rio Nanay in
Peru it is reported that all three species live syntopically there.

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2007%2020
11/222503-corydoras-atropersonatus-ma.jpg>

The difference between the three species bases in the shape of the head. C.
atropersonatus is a so-called round-nosed species, C97 is a long-snouted one (the
species is still undescribed scientifically) and C. sychri is a saddle-nosed species.
Due to the different shape of the head the three species have a different food
spectrum and can so live side-by-side without any competition.

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2007%2020
11/247003-corydoras-sychri.jpg>

The three species also differ in other respects. Although they look so similar to
each other they have a very different social behaviour. The round-noses are typical
schooling fish and thus can become collected quite easily in large numbers. The
long-noses are spread only in smaller numbers among the round-noses, for they prefer
the company of round-noses rather than company of their own kind. And the
saddle-noses are rather solitary fish that can be even territorial at times.

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2007%2020
11/247024-corydoras-sp-aff-sychri-c97.jpg>

This easily explains the different prizes for the three species. Corydoras
atropersonatus can be collected very easy and in large numbers, C. sp. C97 is much
rarer and has usually to be selected from the common C. atropersonatus and finally
there is no existing method for an effective collecting of saddle-noses. Each
specimen has to be collected individually what makes them rare and expensive in the
market.

For our customers: C. atropersonatus has code 222503, C. sp. C97 code 247024 and C.
sychri code 247003 on our stocklist.Please note that we exclusively supply the
wholesale trade.

Lexicon: Corydoras: from ancient greek, means "with helmet and spear". This refers to
the strong armor and fin spines. atropersonatus: Latin, means "with a black mask";
sychri: dedication name for Al Sychr who donated the type specimen (an aquarium fish
of uncertain origin).

Suggestion for common names: C. atropersonatus: Black mask  cory; C97: it makes no
sense to create another common name, as C97 represents already such a popular term;
C. sychri: Saddle nosed black mask cory.

Text & photos: Frank Schäfer

  _____

Tilapia ruweti

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2007%2020
11/tilapia-ruweti-mann.jpg>

For the first time we can offer this dwarf cichlid from Western Africa. Tilapia are
usually large and delicous food fish. But T. ruweti grows only to a length of 8 cm
(rarely up to 10 cm) and so the species really can be termed "dwarf cichlid".

However, it is necessary to mention that - like all its congeneers - Tilapia ruweti
is a vegetarian. Although all types of fishfood are taken readily under aquarium
conditions, the fish also will feed on all soft aquarium plants.

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2007%2020
11/tilapia-ruweti-frau.jpg>

Regarding water chemistry the fish is completely undemanding. T. ruweti are open
brooders, they should be kept at 22-24°C and for breeding at 26-28°C.

For our customers: T. ruweti has code 577322 on our stocklist. Please note that we
exclusively supply the wholesale trade.

Lexicon: Tilapia: from a Bantu word for "fish". ruweti: dedication name for a Belgian
ornithologist, Jean-Claude Ruwet.

Suggestion of a common name: Black jewel cichlid

Text & photos: Frank Schäfer

  _____

New in stock Calendar week 7, 2011

Dear customers and subscribers of our newsletter,

our weekly importatios regularly content species and varieties we never or only very
occassionally had in stock. Thus they are - at least for us - new. Sadly it is for
different reasons not possible to portray all of them in detail. However, we want to
show you at least some of the most interesting of them by a photograph. Enjoy!

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2007%2020
11/tableau-kw7-2011.jpg>

Your Aquarium Glaser Team

  _____

Short break

Dear readers, we pause with our newsletter for two weeks. The next newsletter will
reach you at March 12th.

  _____

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/newstitel/CoverNews95engl.j
pg>

Issue 95 of TerralogNews is now available for free as a PDF via www.aqualog.de
<http://www.aqualog.de/> . Enjoy!

  _____

...and please do not forget to visit our homepage <http://www.aquariumglaser.com/en/>
to get weekly updates !

  _____

<http://www.aquarium-glaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/Newsletter/Template/foot1_
small.jpg>

This newsletter is a free service of Aquarium Glaser GmbH. If you want to unsubscribe
this newsletter or if you want to change your email address, please do it on our
newsletter-webside. A distribution of this newsletter in total or parts is only
allowed with the permission of Aquarium Glaser GmbH. If you have any question,
comment or inspiration, please contact us under info  aquariumglaser.de

Aquarium Glaser GmbH
Liebigstraße 1
D-63110 Rodgau, Germany
Telefon: +49 (0)6106 / 690 1 0
Telefax: +49 (0)6106 / 690 1 11
Email: info  aquariumglaser.de

Managing Director: Ursula Glaser-Dreyer

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Offenbach
Registernummer: HRB 2 1967
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer according § 27 a Umsatzsteuergesetz: DE 113530316

All texts, pictures and other works published on the internet page are subject to the
copyright of Aquarium Glaser GmbH, Rodgau, if not otherwise indicated. Any
duplication, distribution, storage, communication, broadcast and reproduction or
transmission of the contents without written approval from Aquarium Glaser GmbH is
prohibited.

  _____

Newsletter Modul powered by Aspiria Informationstechnologie <http://www.aspiria.de>