[Cyprinodontiformes] Aquarium Glaser Newsletter February 11th, 2011

www.viviparos.com viviparos viviparos.com
Sábado, 26 de Fevereiro de 2011 - 21:44:22 WET

Caros colegas,

Aqui vai mais uma actualização da " newsletter " da GLASER.

Como sempre há umas raridades interessantes.

Um abraço

Miguel Andrade

  _____

De: Aquarium Glaser GmbH [mailto:info  aquariumglaser.de]
Enviada: Nenhum
Para: Miguel Andrade
Assunto: Aquarium Glaser Newsletter February 11th, 2011

<http://www.aquarium-glaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/Newsletter/Template/head1_
small.jpg>

Corydoras polystictus PANTANAL

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2006%2020
11/241002-corydoras-polystictus-pant.jpg>

In contrast to the typical variety of C. polystictus, which originates from the upper
Rio Paraguay (state of Mato Grosso, Brazil), the Pantanal-variety has much smaller
and more numerous spots. Aquarists specialized in Corydoras thus think it is possible
that the Pantanal population represents a seperate species. However, even among the
Pantanal corys a variation regarding the pattern is observable.

As in C. polystictus from Mato Grosso the Pantanal corys grow to a maximum size of
4-5 cm. Due to its very high body this beautiful cory looks quite unusual. Keeping
and breeding is not very difficult.

For our customers: the fish has code 241002 on our stocklist. Please note that we
exclusively supply the wholesale trade.

Lexicon: Corydoras: from ancient greek, means "with helmet and spear". This refers to
the strong armor and fin spines. polystictus: ancient Greek, means "with many spots".

Suggestion of a common name: Savannah cory

Text & Photos: Frank Schäfer

  _____

Fantastic wild collected Oryzias woworae arrived!

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2006%2020
11/340134-oryzias-woworae-wf-fo1.jpg>

We received wonderful, fully grown wild caughts of this breathtaking ricefish
originating from the main island of Sulawesi, more detailed: province Sulawesi
Tenggara. The animals have a bright blue body coloration and a deep red edge of the
belly, pectoral fins and borders of the caudal fin - a real eyeburner! For more
information on Oryzias woworae, please check
http://www.aquariumglaser.de/en/oryzias-cf-woworae_de_1237.html

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2006%2020
11/340134-oryzias-woworae-wf-fo2.jpg>
<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2006%2020
11/340134-oryzias-woworae-wf-fo3.jpg>

For our customers: the animals have code 340134 on our stocklist. Please note that we
exclusively supply the wholesale trade.

Text & photos: Frank Schäfer

  _____

Ctenops nobilis

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2006%2020
11/412802-ctenops-nobilis.jpg>

Chocolate gouramis are very beautiful, but demanding anabantoids. Thus they should be
kept by experienced aquarists only. There are three genera of chocolate gourami,
Sphaerichthys (four species), Parasphaerichthys (two species) and Ctenops
(monotypical). The only species in Ctenops is nobilis, the Noble gourami from India.
It represents the largest of all chocolate gouramis and can reach 8-10 cm total
length. The species is a mouthbreeder, the male is the brood caring part. Against
conspecifics the Noble gourami is - like all chocolate gouramis - very aggressive
during breeding season. The fish lives in subtropical regions and needs an imitation
of the seasons (hot and dry summers, cool and rainy monsoon seasons) to stay healthy
under aquarium conditions. On the other hand the species is undemanding regarding
water chemistry. Syntopical species are for example zebra barbs (Danio rerio), rosy
barbs (Barbus conchonius) or dwarf gouramis (Colisa lalia). Fish that do not belong
to their own species are ignored by Noble gouramis as well as plants are. As Ctenops
nobilis stays very shy in a single species tank it makes sense to combine it with
other, peaceful fish like the ones named above.

For our customers: the fish have code 412802 on our stocklist. Please note that we
exclusively supply the wholesale trade.

Lexicon: Ctenops: ancient Greek, means "comb-eye"; this refers to an anatomical
structure. Nobilis: Latin, means "noble". Sphaerichthys: ancient Greek, means
"conglobate fish". Parasphaerichthys: ancient Greek, means "beside Sphaerichthys",
referring to a presumed relationsship to Sphaerichthys.

Common name: Noble gourami

Text & photos: Frank Schäfer

  _____

New in stock Calendar week 6, 2011

Dear customers and subscribers of our newsletter,

our weekly importatios regularly content species and varieties we never or only very
occassionally had in stock. Thus they are - at least for us - new. Sadly it is for
different reasons not possible to portray all of them in detail. However, we want to
show you at least some of the most interesting of them by a photograph. Enjoy!

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2011/kw%2006%2020
11/tableau-kw-6-2011%281%29.jpg>

Your Aquarium Glaser Team

  _____

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/newstitel/CoverNews95engl.j
pg>

Issue 95 of TerralogNews is now available for free as a PDF via www.aqualog.de
<http://www.aqualog.de/> . Enjoy!

  _____

...and please do not forget to visit our homepage <http://www.aquariumglaser.com/en/>
to get weekly updates !

  _____

<http://www.aquarium-glaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/Newsletter/Template/foot1_
small.jpg>

This newsletter is a free service of Aquarium Glaser GmbH. If you want to unsubscribe
this newsletter or if you want to change your email address, please do it on our
newsletter-webside. A distribution of this newsletter in total or parts is only
allowed with the permission of Aquarium Glaser GmbH. If you have any question,
comment or inspiration, please contact us under info  aquariumglaser.de

Aquarium Glaser GmbH
Liebigstraße 1
D-63110 Rodgau, Germany
Telefon: +49 (0)6106 / 690 1 0
Telefax: +49 (0)6106 / 690 1 11
Email: info  aquariumglaser.de

Managing Director: Ursula Glaser-Dreyer

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Offenbach
Registernummer: HRB 2 1967
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer according § 27 a Umsatzsteuergesetz: DE 113530316

All texts, pictures and other works published on the internet page are subject to the
copyright of Aquarium Glaser GmbH, Rodgau, if not otherwise indicated. Any
duplication, distribution, storage, communication, broadcast and reproduction or
transmission of the contents without written approval from Aquarium Glaser GmbH is
prohibited.

  _____

Newsletter Modul powered by Aspiria Informationstechnologie <http://www.aspiria.de>