[Cyprinodontiformes] Aquarium Glaser Newsletter October 29th, 2010

www.viviparos.com viviparos viviparos.com
Terça-Feira, 2 de Novembro de 2010 - 21:20:02 WET

Caros colegas,

E porque há sempre novidades interessantes nesta "newsletter"... aqui vai outra
partilha.

Um abraço

Miguel Andrade

  _____

De: Aquarium Glaser GmbH [mailto:info  aquariumglaser.de]
Enviada: Nenhum
Para: Miguel Andrade
Assunto: Aquarium Glaser Newsletter October 29th, 2010

<http://www.aquarium-glaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/Newsletter/Template/head1_
small.jpg>

Crenicichla sp. Itapemirim in stock again!

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%2043%2020
10/crenicichla%20sp%20itapemirim%208-12%20mann-ag.jpg>

Once more we were able to import this beautiful creni. Last time we had only adults
(see http://www.aquariumglaser.de/en/crenicichla-spec-itapemirim-_de_958.html), but
this time we had the opportunity to get 8-12 cm long juveniles along with one
halfgrown pair.

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%2043%2020
10/crenicichla%20sp%20itapemirim%208-12%20frau-ag.jpg>

For our customers: the fish have code 672733 (8-12 cm) and 672734 (12-15 cm) on our
stocklist. Please note that we exclusively supply the wholesale trade.

Lexicon: Crenicichla: ancient Greek, means "Cichla with a comb". Cichla is another
genus of cichlid. Itapemirim: the collecting site. The Rio Itapemirim flows around
400 km north of Rio de Janeiro in the Atlantic ocean.

Suggestion of a common name: Red spotted creni

Text & Photos: Frank Schäfer

  _____

Panaque sp. L191 and L418

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%2043%2020
10/Panaque%20sp%20L191%20baby1-ag.jpg>
<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%2043%2020
10/panaque%20sp%20L191%20baby2-ag.jpg>

Currently we have two relatives of Panaque nigrolineatus in stock that belong
probably to the most beautiful loricariids at all. Sadly both can grow to a length of
30-40  cm and thus are suitable for real big tanks only.

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%2043%2020
10/Panaque%20sp%20L191%20adult-ag.jpg>
<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%2043%2020
10/Panaque%20sp%20L191%20adult%20portrait-ag.jpg>

Both have in common that they have a pattern of black stripes on a green-brown basic
coloration and that they develop a magnificent yellow seam in the caudal fin when the
fish are adult. It is not known wether the two L-numbers belong to the same species.
Neither it is known at which size L191 loses the black stripes and substitutes them
with the black spots as can be observed in our big specimens. L191 is imported from
Colombia, L418 comes from Peru.

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%2043%2020
10/panaque%20sp%20L418-ag.jpg>
<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%2043%2020
10/panaque%20sp%20L418%20portrait-ag.jpg>

It is very important to feed the fish in aquaria with lots of soft wood, as the fish
are rather spezialized in that type of food.

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%2043%2020
10/panaque%20sp%20L418-2-ag.jpg>

For our customers: L191 has Code 26480-L 191-2 (4-6 cm) or  26480-L 191-7 (20-25 cm)
on our stocklist, L418 has 26480-l 418-5 (14-16 cm). Please note that we exclusively
supply the wholesale trade.

Lexicon: Panaque: after an indigenous name for P. nigrolineatus in Venezuela.
nigrolineatus: Latin, means "with black stripes".

Text & photos: Frank Schäfer

  _____

A new Danio from Burma!

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%2043%2020
10/danio%20sp%20new%20putao2-ag.jpg>

Once more we were able to import a species of Danio that is obviously still
undescribed scientifically. According to the exporter the beautiful fish originate
from the area around the city of Putao, the northernmost town in Kachin state in
Burma. Depending on the season it can become quite cold there so it is not wise to
keep the new Danio too warm. Room temperature without an additional aquarium heater
is most recommendable. The lively fish seem to reach a similar size as the well known
zebra barb, Danio rerio, eg about 4 cm.

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%2043%2020
10/danio%20sp%20new%20putao1-ag.jpg>

For our customers: the fish have code 416633 on our stocklist. Please note that we
exclusively supply the wholesale trade.

Suggestion of a common name: Firestripe danio

Text & photo: Frank Schäfer

  _____

  <http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/newstitel/news93e.jpg>
<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/newstitel/content94e.jpg>

Issue 93 of TERRALOGnews is now available at www.aqualog.de as a free download.
Enjoy!

  _____

...and please do not forget to visit our homepage <http://www.aquariumglaser.com/en/>
to get weekly updates !

  _____

<http://www.aquarium-glaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/Newsletter/Template/foot1_
small.jpg>

This newsletter is a free service of Aquarium Glaser GmbH. If you want to unsubscribe
this newsletter or if you want to change your email address, please do it on our
newsletter-webside. A distribution of this newsletter in total or parts is only
allowed with the permission of Aquarium Glaser GmbH. If you have any question,
comment or inspiration, please contact us under info  aquariumglaser.de

Aquarium Glaser GmbH
Liebigstraße 1
D-63110 Rodgau, Germany
Telefon: +49 (0)6106 / 690 1 0
Telefax: +49 (0)6106 / 690 1 11
Email: info  aquariumglaser.de

Managing Director: Ursula Glaser-Dreyer

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Offenbach
Registernummer: HRB 2 1967
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer according § 27 a Umsatzsteuergesetz: DE 113530316

All texts, pictures and other works published on the internet page are subject to the
copyright of Aquarium Glaser GmbH, Rodgau, if not otherwise indicated. Any
duplication, distribution, storage, communication, broadcast and reproduction or
transmission of the contents without written approval from Aquarium Glaser GmbH is
prohibited.

  _____

Newsletter Modul powered by Aspiria Informationstechnologie <http://www.aspiria.de>