[Cyprinodontiformes] FW: Aquarium Glaser Newsletter May 1st, 2010

www.viviparos.com viviparos viviparos.com
Segunda-Feira, 3 de Maio de 2010 - 23:05:39 WEST

Prezados colegas,

Hoje só há Ciclídeos nas propostas da Glaser.

Como o meu fim-de-semana também só deu Ciclídeos ( Convenção da APC )... então
estamos quites ;)

Um abraço

Miguel Andrade

  _____

De: Aquarium Glaser GmbH [mailto:info  aquariumglaser.de]
Enviada: Nenhum
Para: cyprinodon  clix.pt
Assunto: Aquarium Glaser Newsletter May 1st, 2010

<http://www.aquarium-glaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/Newsletter/Template/head1_
small.jpg>

Caquetaia myersi

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%2016%2020
10/IMG_0289_1.jpg>

Caquetaia myersi belongs definetly to the real rarities in the aquaria of the world.
The main reason for this is the fact that it occurs in the wild far from the usual
collecting sites in Colombia. What makes fishing in those areas even more difficult
is the presence of guerilla which has quite different interests than keeping and
breeding of ornamental fish. So it is very important to take extreme care for the few
specimens that still live in captivity. We are now able to offer this up to 25 cm
long cichlid as German bred specimens. Due to the size the species can reach, larger
tanks (500 litres upwards) are recommended. However, it is also possible to keep and
breed a pair in much smaller tanks, for Caquetaia are predators and do not swim more
than necessary. They prey on their victims with a strike. Food has to be chosen
according to the size of the fish. Juvenile can be fed by flakes and frozen food, but
adults need frozen smelt or cichlid sticks to thrive well.

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%2016%2020
10/IMG_0291_1.jpg>
<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%2016%2020
10/IMG_0295_1.jpg>

C. myersi can be better kept with other fish than its close relatives, C. kraussii
and C. spectabilis. Even fully grown adults of C. myersi can be kept with other large
species of cichlid, tetra, or catfish. Those tankmates do not have to fear anything
from the C. myersi. Even when a pair leads its up to 600 youngsters offspring, it is
able to defend them without hurting any other fish.

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%2016%2020
10/IMG_0330_1.jpg>
<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%2016%2020
10/IMG_0334_1.jpg>

For our customers: Please note that we exclusively supply the wholesale trade. C.
myersi has code 634601 on our stocklist.

Text & photos: Thomas Weidner

  _____

Caquetaia kraussii

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%2016%2020
10/IMG_0143_1.jpg>

In the wild, Caquataia kraussii is something like a million fish. There is literally
no waterbody, may it be pond, lake, or river in the Llanos of Venezuela without this
cichlid. So the cichlid enthusiast is a bit left alone with the question why it takes
so long if one searches for this fish in the local pet shops. It is kept even seldom
by specialized cichlid keepers. Much of this results for sure from the bad reputation
this fish has. However, they are not that bad. At least much worse species are known.
But there is no doubt that C. kraussii can become quite unpleasant if kept in small
tanks and with the wrong company. And they have a quite large mouth. Up to 10 cm long
fish can be swallowed by the up to 30 cm long predator. Nevertheless it is unfair to
blame this on the fish. It is the keeper who has to take care of the correct tank,
equipment and tankmates.

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%2016%2020
10/IMG_0201_1.jpg>
<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%2016%2020
10/IMG_0205_1.jpg>

When it comes to breeding - and up to 2,000 young fish are no rarity in one spawn -
the fish show quickly why only very robust tankmates are suitable. The always hungry
youngsters are led by their parents throughout the tank and delicate tankmates are
doomed from that moment on. Oscars (Astronotus), Hoplarchus, or large Crenicichla are
the correct company for C. kraussii; they will hardly be hurt and , on the other
hand, Caquetaia do not display mouthfighting like the other cichlids. If their
sensitve mouth would become hurt by such an occasion the Caquetaia would be doomed to
die by starving.

<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%2016%2020
10/IMG_0217_1.jpg>
<http://www.aquariumglaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/News-Pics/2010/kw%2016%2020
10/IMG_0219_1.jpg>

For our customers: Please note that we exclusively supply the wholesale trade. C.
kraussii has code 634581 on our stocklist.

Lexikon: Caqueatia: after the Rio Caqueta in Colombia. myersi: dedication name.
kraussii: dedication name.

Text & photos: Thomas Weidner

  _____

...and please do not forget to visit our homepage <http://www.aquariumglaser.com/en/>
to get weekly updates !

  _____

<http://www.aquarium-glaser.de/backend/FCK/UserFiles/Image/Newsletter/Template/foot1_
small.jpg>

This newsletter is a free service of Aquarium Glaser GmbH. If you want to unsubscribe
this newsletter or if you want to change your email address, please do it on our
newsletter-webside. A distribution of this newsletter in total or parts is only
allowed with the permission of Aquarium Glaser GmbH. If you have any question,
comment or inspiration, please contact us under info  aquariumglaser.de

Aquarium Glaser GmbH
Liebigstraße 1
D-63110 Rodgau, Germany
Telefon: +49 (0)6106 / 690 1 0
Telefax: +49 (0)6106 / 690 1 11
Email: info  aquariumglaser.de

Managing Director: Ursula Glaser-Dreyer

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Offenbach
Registernummer: HRB 2 1967
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer according § 27 a Umsatzsteuergesetz: DE 113530316

All texts, pictures and other works published on the internet page are subject to the
copyright of Aquarium Glaser GmbH, Rodgau, if not otherwise indicated. Any
duplication, distribution, storage, communication, broadcast and reproduction or
transmission of the contents without written approval from Aquarium Glaser GmbH is
prohibited.

  _____

Newsletter Modul powered by Aspiria Informationstechnologie <http://www.aspiria.de>

Nenhum vírus encontrado nessa mensagem recebida.
Verificado por AVG - www.avgbrasil.com.br
Versão: 9.0.814 / Banco de dados de vírus: 271.1.1/2851 - Data de Lançamento:
05/03/10 07:27:00