[Cyprinodontiformes] FW: [goodeids] Ameca splendens and deformities

www.viviparos.com viviparos viviparos.com
Sexta-Feira, 19 de Fevereiro de 2010 - 22:29:20 WET

De: goodeids  yahoogroups.com [mailto:goodeids  yahoogroups.com] Em nome de
Alessio Arbuatti
Enviada: sexta-feira, 19 de Fevereiro de 2010 09:49
Para: goodeids  yahoogroups.com
Assunto: RE: [goodeids] Ameca splendens and deformities

I have the same problem with zoogoneticus tequila, i obtained a group from
the guppy show amboise 2008 by diego montanari (i still have the card  i
received with the fishes). i'm using them for my thesis, i have some spinal
deformation, some of those are important, i try to take the fishes with
deformaytion to a separate aquarium.
i had the same roblem with poecilia wingei and I have a paper to publish
(including the rewiw of possible causes of spinal deformation in fishes) but
no international journal seems to want it (it's the fourth journal rejecting
it, and I made it with two veterinary pathologist from my facutly)..  it
could be genetic, or not. with zoogoneticus tequila, there's an interesting
paper on genetic difference in zoogneticus tequila an ameca slendens and it
report at the end thet zoogoneticus poplation in captivity are more genetic
convergences than the zoogoneticus one (i hope to remember well). thee title
is

beyoun the point of no return..a comparison beetwee..(i don't remember all
the title, try to find it on google)

tell me

best
Alessio